Ffos Las Racecourse opened in 2009 and brought back top class racing to West Wales for the first time since 1937.
Ffos Las –Welsh for blue ditch – cannot be found on any map. It was named after the farm that once occupied the site and lies between the old mining villages of Trimsaran and Carway.
The 600 acre setting is magnificent. Surrounded by rolling hills and countryside it has views down the Gwendraeth Valley to Carmarthen Bay. It is almost impossible to believe that Ffos Las was the former site of the largest open cast coalmine in Europe.
The track provides a racing surface to rival any course in the world. It is 60m wide, has the benefit of miles of drainage and has been created level to provide a superb track to race on and a great viewing track for the racegoer.
One of the main focal points here at Ffos Las has to be our amazing sculpture. Situated in front of the Winners Enclosure, the “Spirit of the Race” sculpture provides the perfect meeting place as well as a great photo opportunity for all racegoers.